Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Decorating, Mischief and Blooper!



Pull up your pant legs, throw your head back, and laugh. About whatever! I love this picture of Ava. I wonder, "Can I capture that in myself this Christmas?" I did the other day, but it involved a blooper on my part!

I bet each of you is in full swing with festivities and celebrating right now. I'm going to tell a story on myself - an embarrassing one, in the hopes that it will bring some Christmas cheer and stress relief to your week/weekend. Kristie, Fletch and Tree, you guys know that this is SO like me! I hope it makes you laugh!

If you must know, I don't have all of my ducks in a row... ahem, ever! Here's an example! I was waiting for an office to open in the mall the other day, and I was sitting on a little bench eating my on-the-go 8 pack Chic-fil-A nuggets. Ava wasn't with me. I decided to run in the public restroom for just a minute to blow my nose (I've had a cold or sinus thing) so I ducked in and blew my nose and washed my hands. I was drying my hands under the dryer when this elderly man-probably in his 80s- walked in. I SO felt for him when I saw the look on his face, knowing he was probably embarrassed,(bless his heart)so I giggled and said something like...

"Oh, that's ok. I do that all the time." Ok, I DON'T go in the wrong restroom ALL the time, but that's what came out. He quickly stepped out and I finished drying my hands thinking about how embarrassed he must have been to see me standing there in the women's restroom.

About that time, I turned around and saw... yes, the urinals. I then walked out and there was that same little man standing there quietly outside the MEN'S restroom waiting for ME to come out! You can imagine the look on my face! What was so funny was that I was trying to make HIM feel better by saying, "Oh, that's ok, I do that all the time!" He probably thought, "Boy, she's a strange one." If he only knew! LOL!

I was feeling quite tense that day anyway, and I guess I needed a good belly laugh. I crack up every time I see that man's face in my mind! I won't tell you how large and bold the MEN'S sign was. Man, and to top it off, I left my Chic-fil-A water in there, and I wasn't about to go back in and get it!

Anyhoo, back to the post of pictures. This is a little of what we've been up to lately amid the hurry and rush of the season.

Ava went to the doctor last week and now weighs close to 24 lbs and is 31 inches long. We held off on the MMR and the chicken pox shot for now, and the doctor said that we made the nurses happy! :)

She blew Dr. Booher kisses when we left, and let me tell you, THAT is a first! She didn't get any shots, and I guess she was just so grateful! I wish I had a video of her in that exam room and me trying to entertain her. That roll of paper on the table looked like it had been attacked by teradachtyls! Anyone??

Here are a few fun pictures for you guys to see. We've had a ball with the Christmas preparations this year, and Ava loves the greenery and the twinkly lights! Oh, and she is into EVERYTHING! Add 15 month old mischief to her cuteness this year!



She loved walking around and around the tree.



Mmmm... smells SO good!



I went to get the scissors to cut the garland apart, and I found Ava in the middle of it. She in the middle or on top of most things right now!



I bought cool buffalo snow for the first time this year. Here it is - there's snow, compliments of Ava, in the tree.



Later that day, I found her in the bathroom. Is this classic, or what?



Helping Daddy put lights on the tree.



She likes to say, "yights."



We're going to my parent's house tomorrow night to celebrate Christmas with them, and then we're off to Maryland on Wednesday of next week to celebrate with his family this year. I hear there's snow on the way to Tennessee and probably Maryland, too!

PS - I put one of my new favorite Christmas songs on the playlist. It's called Winter Snow by Audrey Assad. I just love it. It's so peaceful.

1 comment:

Treva said...

Oh Emily! You make me smile girl! That is too funny about the bathroom...I totally would have assumed that he was in the wrong one too! Great pictures...Ava looks like she is enjoying everything these days! What a joy for you all. And yes, exam room table paper always looked like it had been attacked after we left (then I started bringing crayons and that helped a lot!) And I have pictures of both my kids pulling all the toilet paper off the roll. Too fun! Have a wonderful trip! Love you!