Monday, August 2, 2010

Plugging Along

Hi, everyone,

We're almost finished with our transition report (whew), and even though it has been very emotionally and mentally challenging this weekend, it's been great for us to think through the grief and loss and attachment and bonding process with Maia. It's definitely better equipping us for the future, and I'm grateful for that.

Ava and I went to Walgreens for the 50% off sale on water toys last night. We needed a break and some outdoor fun! We bought a little Scooby Doo splash pad for her and took a break from all of the paperwork after dinner last night. It was great just to sit and watch her play before my mind switched gears to the transitional report.

Many of you have e-mailed me or called during this time, and I really appreciate your prayers.

One of my all-time favorite quotes is:

"Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered, and no one was there."

I know that God has ordained this journey to a foreign land to bring our daughter home, and I know He'll never leave me or forsake me. He also did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Without a doubt, His word hidden deep within my heart is of great comfort during this preparation time. He holds Ava and Maia in His hands. There's no formula. Just love and trust of Him to fulfill His purpose in our adoptions of these sweet girls, our daughters.

Bless you,

Emily

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was doing my monthly check in at the Rumor Queen's site to see the referrals and I am soooooo excited to see your site! Not sure if you remember me, but we logged in a year before you for our Ellie. You finally got your referral and she is gorgeous!!!! How blessed you are to have 2 beautiful daughters now. Can't wait to follow your journey to China!

Leigh said...

Just wanted to say "hey". So glad to have read your blog. Beautiful, real, God-glorifying, precious. Thank you for sharing your life!

Mommy to Miss Grace Margaret Zhenli (means "precious treasure")
Guangxi, China
Gotcha: 8/27/07