Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Returning to Routines

I'm not sure that there's been anything routine about the beginning of this year! It has been a break-neck pace, non-stop, and I am happy to say that things are calming down now that birthdays and holidays are behind us.

We just returned from a wonderful first-time Easter visit to Maryland to visit Ben's family with the girls! There was never a dull moment and the girls had a ball. Pictures to come just as soon as I post March! I know I'm so behind, but that's the season I'm in right now, and I am content with that on most days. :) It's been difficult for me at times to let go of expectations to get it all accomplished and meet everyone's needs, but I'm learing to let go of that day by day and just rest in what I'm doing raising these two little high-spirited firecrackers! Ava is just over 2 1/2 and Maia is just over 1. I have no idea how old I am. I've forgotten somewhere amidst the chaos. I just know I'm feeling older by the second!

Maia is off to a sick appointment for a chest cold today, Ava's back at preschool sharing Easter cookies, and I'm off to pick up two out of our four pets sometime today.

And just maybe, I'll get to do a little laundry. Nothing like good ole routines! Maybe I'll just sweep. That always makes me feel a little more on top of things.

I hope everyone had a very HAPPY EASTER!

He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

Hallelujah!

No comments: