Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy!



Yesterday, Ava and I celebrated Ben's birthday all day long! I had hidden surprises in different places around the house for him to find before he left for work. Once he had gone, Ava and I got ready for her daddy surprise. This involved going to Kroger at 12:00 to buy a helium Happy Birthday Dad balloon. Ben was meeting some guy friends for lunch at Los Amigos, and Ava and I were going to be sneaky and hang the balloon on his rearview mirror for him to find when he came out. Well, turns out that Daddy had a window seat and saw the red truck coming and going, and I almost got into an accident right there in front of the restaurant! So much for trying to be stealthy!

Ava and I then went BACK to Kroger to finish our birthday shopping for Daddy. Next, we headed to see Daddy at work, have a bottle and to hang out with him before we went to buy produce and meat at the market! I'm trying to buy locally now when I can to support the farmers. Plus, they had gala apples on sale for .99 lb. Anyway! I had a special birthday dinner planned for him last night, and I was determined to find all of the necessary ingredients. I made fennel-encrusted pork chops with potato, fennel and leek gratin. It was delicious! I had never really cooked with fennel before- definitely a vegetable to add to our list! Here are a few pictures from our celebration of daddy last night!

Happy Birthday, Daddy! I love you!



I got Ben a Tomato Head (popular restaurant around here) cycling jersey.



Ava loved Daddy's balloon!

No comments: