Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Woman, Two Cats and A Baby



Remarkably, we made it to the vet without too much craziness! Needless to say, it was like a parade of carriers coming into the office. I took all three in one at a time. The only notable thing that happened was that Lucy, because she's a nervous kitty, decided to poop in her carrier while in route to the vet. It was horrible! Thankfully, I was able to roll down the windows a bit to let in some fresh air. Oh, and the other notable thing is that our black cat baby, Saki, is almost 15 lbs! We knew she had weight issues, but good grief! She is on a strict kitty food and excercise regimen now. Lucy came in at 8.8. She's our hunter! They look possessed in these pictures! I think Lucy is sometimes...



This is Saki, our 15 pounder.




Ava was just happy that she didn't require any vaccinations this time around! She goes back at 9 months for her next check-up, and NO vaccinations will be needed at that visit! Yippee!

All is well here today. It's raining, and the pear trees are flowering. We're going out tonight to celebrate Ben's and my aunt's birthday! Ben's is March 16th and my aunt Jill's is March 18th. This is our first celebration get-together since my grandmother passed away in January. It will be good to rejoice and celebrate!

Oh, by the way, Ben will be turning 36!

Happy weekend, everyone! I'll post more pics tomorrow sometime. I'm working on Ava's adoption announcment right now, picking out the wording and pictures to use. I've also been working on her baby book this week - a little bit at a time...

2 comments:

Cindy Goodson said...

Did you have any pie for Pi Day??

Tim Stowell said...

I love cats. We only have 3 plus 2 dogs living with us which was a major new item for our daughter, when we brought her to her forever home last year.

I tried to email you from the Maia page but it did not work. I don't see a way to contact you folks through the blog either.

From Chattanooga.