Saturday, November 7, 2009

Kindness, Goodness, Patience, Windex and Maryland Pictures!

This is a meaty post. Lots on my heart today, as most days. Eager to share with you something - something that's like a lifeline to your heart this week.

I want to share something with you as you begin a new week.

As your eyes flutter open in the morning.

As you go about the routine.

As you do business.

As you relate to others - no matter who it is.

As you love.

As tears emerge or lie hidden beneath.

As you search for purpose and the glorious in the mundane.

I pray that you'll have a week where you'll encounter kindness, goodness and patience in yourself and in others.

May you see and feel the goodness of God in the midst of your week, whether it's His shoulder that you're leaning on, his hand that you're holding, or His face as He lifts your head. At any given moment, this girl is leaning, reaching out, and allowing my chin to be raised all at the same time!

It's tough being a woman, no doubt, but I LOVE it! I love the way He created me in His image to feel things deeply and be relational and nurturing. What special hearts we as women were designed to have. Praying you'll see the beauty of being a woman this week. May you feel His strength in yours this week. His brawn in your heart muscle.

As you look in that mirror this week, may you see yourself the way He sees you.

Beautiful.

Without blemish.

Perfect.

Sometimes, my mirror can get hairspray and toothpaste and goop on it, and I keep trying to put on my makeup between the dots, knowing it's not clean. I keep saying, "Oh, I'll clean that."

For me, God is like Windex. He makes me sparkle.

I just have to reach for that bottle.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Now, as promised, pictures!

Our Halloween festivities wrapped up last weekend with a fun trip to Maryland to visit Ben's family. We weren't able to see everyone that we would have liked to have seen, but we did enjoy very special time with his folks, grandmother, sister, brother, brother-in-law and Ava's cousins, Chase and Evan!

Here are a few of our favorite pictures from the weekend. Oh, and Ben threw his back out again while we were there, but he was such a trooper. He's feeling almost 100% now, and he's SO relieved!

The gang's all here!



Happy Halloween little one.



Happy Halloween Granddaddy and Grandma!



Oh, what fun! Ava got to spend Halloween night with her cousins, Chase and Evan!



Uncle Vince time.



I have more pictures to share, but Bear is barking and Ava is waking up! I'll post more of our adventures as soon as I can.

No comments: