Saturday, October 30, 2010

Getting Ready for Maia!



Well, I'm estimating that I have about 5 minutes left out of naptime today to post, so this will likely be a short one! :)

The girls have finally recovered from their viruses this past week, and we are enjoying this fall weekend carving pumpkins, making banana bread and playing outside. I'm just now getting on top of pictures from our camera and Mom's camera before and after we left for China, so I'm going to play catch-up for a bit. Getting ready for China was like a whirlwind, and I still can't believe we're home, and I'm looking at empty luggage. Carpets and bedspreads are starting to resurface from the chaos of packing! As busy as we were preparing to come home with Maia, Mom and Ava were busy themselves preparing for her arrival. I came across these on Mom's camera from the day that she and Ava went shopping for balloons for Maia and came over to hang the Welcome Home Maia banner. I laughed out loud at Ava in the Kroger buggy surrounded by mums and balloons!

In about an hour, we're headed to Loudon with the Butterworth family for a fall festival and to hear them perform at Stonewall's Barbeque. It will be a nice change of scenery from preschool and grocery. :) I did manage to take both girls to Food City this past week, and we made it out the door without any major meltdowns or mishaps! I was so relieved! I actually had the right groceries in my buggy, too! Sometimes, I'll find some stray things in there.

Ava will be dressing up like a monkey this year for Halloween, and Miss Maia will be a little ladybug. I hope to post those pictures next week sometime!

Happy Fall Weekend, Everyone!





No comments: