Thursday, October 28, 2010

Giggles and Tears

Hi, everyone,

This week, we've been enjoying this beautiful fall weather but have also been under the weather, as both girls have been battling a little virus.

Today is Thursday, and the week is coming to a close with lots of things to report! We had a great weekend with Ben's folks, and we spent a lot of time just taking walks and playing with the girls. Ben and his Dad tackled a screened-in porch project, and I am happy to say that I no longer have to run interference with Ava falling off the high end of the porch! We're awaiting screen, but it's safe for her to play on now. Yippee! Thanks, guys!

Ben's folks left to journey back to Maryland Monday morning after some mild trauma with sweet Maia. I had made a cup of my favorite Chinese Pu Er tea (really, I'm addicted, I think) and when I turned my head for a split second, Maia stuck her fingers in it. It wasn't boiling but was very hot, and she cried for at least 30 minutes with my father-in-law rushing to get burn cream at a grocery store, my mother-in-law taking care of the spill and Ava and me trying to calm Maia's cries on the front porch. What made everything worse was that she was battling a virus, and we had to be at the pediatrician in two hours to review her international medical report from Children's Hospital AND start her overdue vaccinations! After Ken and Ellen left to journey back to Maryland, Mom came and got Miss Ava, and I loaded a calmer Maia into the car to go the appointment. All went well at the appointment, and Maia's stats are as follows at 6 months, 2 weeks. She's put on quite a few lbs since China!

Weight: 15 lbls, 13.2 oz (In China, she was 12 lbs.)
Length: 26 inches

Needless to say, Maia had a pretty rough day, but by that afternoon, she was giggling and playful, and I was happy the drama of the morning was behind us.

I'm still playing catch up when I can find ten minutes of down-time. Right now, I'm choosing not to shower and blog. Most every waking moment I have is spent with the girls or just keeping some semblance of order around the house, but today, Ava's at preschool, dressed like Curious George, and Maia is napping peacefully upstairs. If I'm lucky, I'll get to load pictures AND bathe! I'll load a few of Maia's first bath at home! She likes the water, too, but big sister wins the prize on adoration of water so far!





1 comment:

Joy Pierce said...

Maia is such a sweet little peanut, I just want to eat her up! I can only imagine your life is CRAZY right now! Keep thinking I'll call, but I know your moments are limited to visit. Hang in there! Showers are overrated!!! : )
Hugs!
Joy