Thursday, October 21, 2010

Joyful Days

Hi, everyone!

I'm trying to find time to post at least once or twice every week right now. I have been flying below the radar much of the last two weeks as I'm just completely exhausted! The girls are doing great, and we are, too, but this 20 months apart thing is challenging to say the least! :) Everyday, I'm tweaking schedules, doing laundry, unpacking, getting processes underway for readoption in the US and just trying to find some "me" time. This morning, that "me" time looked like drinking pu er tea from China out of a travel mug while driving down a fall country road with Maia. Tuesdays and Thursdays are preschool days for Ava, and we're all up with the chickens most days anyway! These days are proving to be the most challenging as I strive to get everyone dressed, fed, loved and out the door with me somewhat looking like a normal person! I managed to put on my face this morning, but the hair is looking a little like Medusa. I'm laughing at myself these days, and letting go of expectations of perfection which is wonderfully FREEING! If I'm bathed, it's all good! :)

Maia is just precious and giggles and smiles a lot at the antics of her big sister. They are so sweet together. That's not to say that we have perfect sibling moments all of the time! I've found my hand blocking an incoming toy missile a few times lately!

Maia's napping as I type, and I'm cleaning house in preparation for Ben's folks to arrive later today to meet her and see Miss Ava! Ok. I'm going to quit typing now and load pictures!

We hope to see everyone soon!

On October 5, Maia turned six months old!





Proud Daddy!



Sisters... We hum the tune "Sisters" from White Christmas all the time now!





Awesome Big Sister badge for Ava! Thanks, Barb!



Maia and her Mimi

2 comments:

Joy Pierce said...

Really...I need to come give that Maia girl some Auntie Joy lovins!!! What sweet sisters, they are precious! And I swear, in every picture of Ben with his girls he is just glowing! So, fun to see this side of the journey finally!!!
Joy

Debbie Sauer said...

Precious!! You are so lucky! Blessings