Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jose G.

First off, I'm aware that there is someone precious following my blog that I don't know, and I am aware of tremendous suffering in your life and anger in your heart. I'm writing this trusting and hoping that you'll read this. I want you to know that God does care about you and your suffering, and no, He doesn't cause it. It's the result of us living in a fallen world that is very broken and where bad things happen to us for reasons we can't understand. Reasons that have nothing to do with people but more with the evil and the brokeness in this world. Before you write this post off, I want you to know that I know about suffering that is great and heavy, the bring you to your knees kind, the I can spit nails kind, the questioning of my life and my purpose here kind. Hear this. This journey through life, no matter how broken and hard and unfair and confusing ends well, but you don't have to wait for Heaven to have joy in the midst of your circumstances that are overwhelming. There is hope. This is what my next post is about. I'm reaching out to you, and I hope you'll give hope a chance, Jose. You are loved more than you can possibly imagine and the God who created you, special, unique you, has His eye on you. I believe He has something to say to you. Add the ability to comment on your blog, and I'll write you a more thoughtful post.

Back to my post update on Miss Ava...

Hey, everyone,

We're home from West Virginia which in my mind is always followed by "mountain momma" from that John Denver song. We had a great time with family, and I'll post pictures from our weekend after several posts I'm behind on!

Ava and I decided to bake some muffins the other day, and she loves to be my helper now in the kitchen. If I'm doing anything at all on the counter that she can't see, she'll say, "Watch!" So, I'm looking into those little kitchen helper ladders that are sturdy. After making muffins, I got out several different kitchen tools for her to play with and a leftover bag of barley from 2006 that I had long forgotten about. Guess I was going to put it in soup or something! I have loads of pictures coming up that you'll enjoy, and I hope to post something very thoughtful in the next few days. I feel a post brewing, and I'm waiting for inspiration to write it. Stay tuned! :)










No comments: