Saturday, May 29, 2010

Beep Beep... Snake!

First, great new song on my playlist... Check it out. Tenth Avenue North. They rock. Really, they do.

Uncle Chuck, Auntie Jenn, Chase and Evan, recently passed on their Little Tikes car to Ava, and every morning she starts her day by taking it for a ride. Thanks, you guys! She loves it! This first picture really shows her excitement. :)







Also pictured is our wild visitor of two years, a black snake. Last year, he lived in the wood pile, and this year, he's somewhere under the porch! Ugh. Ava looked out the front window one day, and said, "What's that?" over and over again. I saw a bird flying, so I said, "Honey, it's a bird." Then, I realized where she was pointing! To the porch floor!



Finally, Ben was mowing after dark one night this week, and he came running to the house and asked me to follow him somewhere. The property by the ponds and our back wooded area were aglow with hundreds of fireflies! We see fireflies every year, but we've never seen anything like this so close. He took some photos with a tripod to try to capture the beauty of them. They weren't syncronized like they are at Tremont every year, but it was really something to see so many fireflies together. Again, I believe it's just a glimpse of the splendor of the Lord. His beauty is all around us. Can you imagine what Heaven will be like with foretastes here? I can! :) If you click on this photo, you can see the fireflies a bit better.





I'll be away from the blog for a few days but will be back soon with some Dollywood photos from last week.

Happy Memorial Day to everyone! Have a fun weekend!

ps- Also, I have to tell you that I began my morning by mailing every last bit of China/US paperwork to USCIS Memphis for the LAST TIME! The fourth time, but who's counting, right? I stress last time! Red tape - big scissors - C U T!

No comments: