Monday, June 7, 2010

CHINA NEWS...

Hey, everybody!

Well, we're home from spending a week at the beach with my folks ('ll post pics very soon and post about that), but first, I have to post about China!

For a long while now, Ben and I have followed China Adopt Talk otherwise known as Rumor Queen. A woman who has two adopted daughters from China started this site for other families, and she keeps up with American and European agencies who are being issued referrals and then reports on what she believe the next cut off dates to be.

As you probably already know, we were logged in to the China Center of Adopion Affairs April 28th, 2006 and have been waiting ever since for our little girl from China who we've named Maia Grace. China does not match you with a child until they pull your paperwork, so Maia can be anywhere from 5 months old to 12 months old when we get our referral. Ok. So here's where they are at this point! This COULD CHANGE! This is what Rumor Queen is reporting. Last month, the CCAA issued referrals for all famlies logged in through the 21st of April.

Now, this month....from Rumor Queen

"A U.S. agency reports that the CCAA is matching.

A European agency reports that the 26th will be included. I don’t believe they are saying the cut off is the 26th, just that the 26th will be included. (I’m dealing with translation issues, but it really doesn’t sound like they are saying it’s the cut off, just that the 26th families are in).

Another European agency is warning their 29th families that they do not believe they are going to be in this batch.

I don’t think anything is above an R3 yet


Ok, so we're the 28th!!! Are we in or not?? We just don't know yet. I don't think we will be but I have no idea. We're still waiting for our amended I-171H from USCIS, which is our US approval.

I'm breathing. Trying to. Ok, holding my breath is more like it.

I'll post ASAP to let you know when the date is confirmed!!!

Love to all,

Emily, Ben and Ava

No comments: