Saturday, June 19, 2010

Beach Bound!

A few weeks ago, we packed up the car and traveled to Edisto Beach with my folks, known as Mimi and Papa to Ava. We had a very relaxing and fun time as a family and had some of the best low country seafood we've ever tasted. If you're ever in that area, I would highly recommend the Old Post Office. It might be, hands down, the best meal I've ever had. I discovered a new appreciation for southern grits, and they'll be on my summer menu for many weeks to come! Thank you Papa and Mimi for a wonderful week! We had a great time, and we love you!

The first day, we just relaxed and took Ava swimming in the pool. We decided to try to just hold her without swimmies or a life jacket, and she was absolutely fearless. Toward the end of our time in the water, she didn't want to be held at all and had a meltdown. We think that she really thought that she could just walk in the water like us. We decided to try swimmies later in the week with her life jacket on so she could just float around and it worked great! I'll post those pics later on. We also brought a little float boat, but she absolutely wanted to be all the way in the water. She's going to be a little fish!







Don't forget to pause the playlist music.

1 comment:

Treva said...

Adorable! I love these pictures! I love Edisto...haven't been there in years. (You know that's where CVM lives, right?) But I do wish I had known you were there, it's only 2 hours or so from here... I need to call you soon...big changes (of location) coming for us!
Love you!