Friday, June 25, 2010

Snakes!

One of the most unforgettable scenes in a movie for me was the snake scene in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Remember that scene when all the snakes were down in that pit with Indie? That has stuck with me for years, and well, the pictures I'm about to share from our vacation took that scene to a whole new level for me! They can climb trees! I knew this but I had never seen anything like what I'm about to show you. This should be added to the definiton of the word, creepy, in Webster's dictionary.

We discovered a Serpentarium on Edisto Island that houses hundreds of snakes and other reptiles like turtles, lizards and alligators. We bought a little doggie backpack for Ava (she chose that one) and she had a ball walking around looking at all of the animals. We had to stay three feet away from the glass, and I do believe we saw every kind of snake in the world, including the anaconda! Talk about impressive up close. The habitats were incredible, and it was a great adventure for the whole family.

As Indiana Jones would say - "Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?" Ha! Enjoy.

No word on China yet. We're expecting dates to roll some time in late July. Ava's carrying teddy bears in a wedding this weekend and we have a beach trip with Ben's family coming up the next few weeks. This summer is packed, and that doesn't include preparation for China! One. day. at. a. time.

Love to all!






























No comments: