Thursday, July 1, 2010

Heavy

Hi, everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I've taken a little break from the vacation pictures this week. It's been a heavy week. Ben's cousin, Brent, lost his wife, Shannon, on Saturday due to complications after a bad car accident last fall, and Ben and I have been grieving with them even though we didn't get to go up to Maryland for the service. I know many of you reading understand the power of prayer, and I would ask you to lift up Brent and his family. They've been through so much this year, and our hearts are aching for them.

On another note, I did a final walk-through of my grandparent's house on Monday, and my heart has been heavy with saying goodbye to one of the dearest places on Earth to me. They are now in their Heavenly home, having a great time waiting for all of us, but my heart broke all over again saying goodbye to the old tree with my tire swing, the stump where I cracked hickory nuts with Paw when I was a little girl, his garden that he was so proud of, two boards stuck between two trees where I used to play "kitchen", the corner of the couch where Ruthie used to bring me pbandj sandwiches and Sprite and the mouse cookie jar that my hands reached in more than a few times! These are only a few of the precious memories I have of being there. It took awhile for me to leave as I walked the property in the woods and went through every room just sitting and remembering. Oh, how I miss them, and oh, how I long to see them again. I'm ever looking forward to that day as I journey on toward home.

So, as I've said, it's just been a heavy week and I couldn't post until now. I'll put up the beach pictures hopefully later tonight. We're off to see Ben's family in Nags Head, N.C. this coming week, so we'll be back on the road again soon! I hope to put up all of the Edisto beach pics before we leave!

Blessings to everyone,

Emily

No comments: