Saturday, July 24, 2010

Overflow!

If I had an image of all of the information plus emotions in my brain right now, I think it would look like it's going to explode! We received THE referral packet containing all of Maia's original pictures (the ones I've already shared) and her original medicals and information about her daily routine on Friday afternoon. There's SO much information in her packet, and we are covered up again with paperwork, but it's ok! I welcome this paperwork as it truly leads us across the ocean to bring our little girl home at last!

I'll share some of the fun things that her referral mentioned very soon. They have nicknamed her "TiTi" in the place where she's staying. Her middle name is Ti (we still don't know what that means) and it's common in China to use part of the child's name twice as a sweet baby name. For example, Shao Shao, or Lu Lu or Ti Ti.

I'm currently going through a mountain of paperwork necessary for both China and our agency in Oregon. I'm pretty exhausted and am trying to pace myself. We have until August 5th to return the paperwork, and I'm setting goals each day.

Oh! We also found a video of her county of Yifeng and of the orphange! We are planning to watch that tonight and I can't wait. It will give us a glimpse of life in that part of China where she's from.

I know that the Lord knitted Maia together in her mother's womb and knows her intimately. How He loves all of His children!

Miss Ava went to a little swim party and is in full toddler mode! She's on the go from the time she wakes up until the time she naps or goes to bed. I've got more pictures of her coming up very soon!

I hope you all are having a blessed weekend!

Be back up with pics soon!

2 comments:

Treva said...

Hey girl! It was so fun to see you today! I had my dad look up Ti (b/c it's good to give him things to do and he did focus most of his studies on Asian History...) and he came back with three possible meanings: 1) tree or plant 2) life or 3) emperor or Most High
He said it appears it has not been used much recently...that most of the references to it were from a long time ago.
Hope that helps some.
Love you!
Treva

Karen, Brian and Lucy said...

I just cried reading all your recent posts...loved seeing the pictures of you seeing your Maia for the first time. Your story is so similar to ours! So excited for your family to be complete and to walk with you on this journey. Blessings-
Karen, Lucy and Brian