Friday, July 2, 2010

The Appointed Time

Mary Beth Chapman, Stevey Joy, and I sat in a uphoulstered chair in Dr. Keenan's office sometime in 2002 or 2003. I mindlessly flipped the pages of a magazine that pictured them on the front and the word, adoption. I sat staring at the Chapman family and the cute little Asian bedspread Mary Beth had made for Shoey, their first adopted little girl from China. Stevey Joy was their second. I read about Mary Beth's struggle with depression and I asked if I could take that magazine home to keep.

Time

Went

By

In 2005, I would find myself struggling with the relentless attack of depression and search for that dusty magazine and open it. Only to find a blurb about All God's Children International, and adoption agency in Oregon. It was on a cold early March day that my heart would find its way into the populous country of China, into a land known intimately by God, to a little girl known intimately by God.

Time

Ticking

By

Busy

Teaching

Hoping

Logged in, waiting, renewals of US approval, waiting...

Adoption of sweet Ava Faith

Still waiting for the promise of Maia Grace...not giving up... fighting a battle to bring her home in 2007, seeing the mighty hand of God move mountains...

All quiet on the Eastern front - silently waiting...

Now, today, I see these words in front of me.

A European agency says matching is just about done, and they hope to see referrals early next week.

The matches, the referrals, our daughter's name and location is coming...

SOON!

We're leaving tomorrow to go to Nags Head, NC to spend time with Ben's family.

The Lord goes before me, settling my spirit, my frenzied pace, equipping me for every good work ahead of me.

Today, I surrender the bags of details dangling from every finger to the One who knows them so much better than me.

Everyone, it's TIME. It has surely come. Break from pictures while we're gone!

I'll post while we're gone to update everyone on anything I know for sure!

1 comment:

Joy Pierce said...

I am stalking Rumor Queen and waiting anxiously to see little Maia's face! I cannot believe we have been cyber-friends for 5 years now and we will finally see Maia!!! Praying with you for a most incredible, precious referral week!!!
Hugs!
Joy