Sunday, June 13, 2010

Returning and Rest

Hey, everybody!

I have been kneep-deep in to dos and am just now finding some precious time to sit down and post. I'm realizing more and more that just because there's a need doesn't mean I'm always called to fill it or fix it. I'm on a journey lately with the Lord in learning how to live and move and have my being in Him. Jesus didn't have a non-stop ministry schedule. He rested. He listened to the Father and was obedient to Him. He ministered to those the Father moved Him to minister to.

So why do I feel like I have to be wonder woman?

My schedule has been non-stop lately, especially with our China adoption quickly approaching, and I know that I need to rest. To be more like Jesus means to accept the rest that He offers me. To be more like Jesus means to allow His Spirit to flow freely through me, instead of me trying to make things happen. It's hard isn't it? It's one step at a time for me with this. I'm discovering that just because something is a good thing doesn't mean it's God's best for me at that time. Walking in obedience to what He would have me do is much more peaceful than protecting some kind of holy reputation by doing everything. I'll be completely honest and tell you that the only holiness I have in me is Jesus. I am not righteous or perfect in any way. He is, though, and this is what I rest in daily, particularly when I've had a very ugly day. Apart from Him I can do nothing. The fruit I give to others has to daily be replenished by Him. These are just a few things I'm pondering as I sit and type and seek rest in Him today.

Back to pictures of Ava~

I wanted to post a few quick pictures of our time with Amy and Caden Jones at Dollywood a few weeks back. You might remember that we met through a mutual acquaintance, and she and her husband, Eric, adopted Caden domestically a few years before we adopted Ava. We had such a fun time, and Ava enjoyed her carousel horse ride this time! Dollywood really had a great toddler-ride area, and Ava and her adventurous spirit couldn't wait to move on to the next ride!

Ava and Caden - ah how nice it is to be pushed around a theme park! :)







I thought this would be a cool shot. I couldn't believe how well it focused.



Ava enjoyed riding kiddie rides for the very first time! She rode the pigs that went around in a circle as a warm-up, and then she moved on to circling ducks and flying bees. I rode the hydrolic elephant ride that went 15 feet in the air with her, and she did great! We also rode the tea cup ride with Amy and Caden that I disliked when I was little, and um, I still dislike it. :) I don't think Ava was all that crazy about it either.







Up, up and away!

No comments: