Monday, February 7, 2011

Calm, Quiet, Snowy Christmas Day

Good afternoon!

Miss Maia's Roseola virus is officially gone, and we were not sad to see it go because she was so miserable! I wrote a few posts back that she was diagnosed with the virus early last week, and Ava and I both had pesky viruses at the same time, making for a very very difficult week. We are like the groundhog poking our heads outside today. No public places for us this week! As of today, Maia's measle-like rash is completely gone, and she's returning to her happy-go-lucky self with giggles and grins. Ava and I are both 100%, and I am catching up on literally a million things it seems. The girls are napping on this Monday afternoon, and yes, I'm STILL posting Christmas pictures!



We awoke to a snowy Christmas morning, and the girls came downstairs to see what was under the Christmas tree. Ava is much more interested in surprises this year, and it was so fun to watch her approach her toys. She was so funny. We thought she'd rush right in, but I think she didn't know quite what to think of everything being under the tree. She just stood there for the longest time looking at us and then at the toys. She first spied a baby bed/changing table with some babies and bottles and such and has loved taking care of her babies. For the life of us, Ben and I don't know what happened to our pictures from Christmas morning. We have video but can't find the pictures! If I can find them, I'll upload them later to this post. We enjoyed a family Christmas breakfast, and the girls played with their toys before we headed back over to my Aunt Jill's house for our traditional Christmas meal. Maia was wide awake when we got there, so we were able to capture a few shots of her opening her presents that we saved from the night before.

There are more Christmas pictures coming up that capture the girls better as we celebrated with my folks a few nights later and then with Ben's folks a few weeks later. It was pretty much a non-stop Christmas celebration through mid-January!





Mommy and Maia opening her presents



My Dad sampling the turkey!

No comments: