Saturday, February 5, 2011

Christmas Eve

It took literally 25 takes to get this picture! We were on our way to the Christmas Eve candlelight service to meet my family.



Around 6:30 Christmas Eve, we loaded up the girls and met my family at Peck's Memorial UMC for the annual Christmas communion service. We kept both Ava and Maia with us in the pew, and they did pretty well! Ava even got to hold a candle for a few minutes before I decided that that was a bad idea with the wax and hair around us, especially mine!

We then headed to my Aunt Jill and Uncle Rick's house for our family Christmas celebration. My Aunt and Uncle live in my great-grandmother and great-grandfather's brick house that was built in the 1920s, and over the years, it has been the place of countless wonderful family memories. It's one of the most special places on Earth to me.

Because communion was late, Maia conked out when we got to the house, and she went to bed. That's why you won't see any pictures of her on this night. She was so tired. Ava got to stay up a little later and open some presents and play with some toys before heading to bed.

My cousins. Wes and Katie, sat behind us.



Aunt Jill made a play corner for Ava with stuffed animals and a cradle.



Aunt Jill and Ava



Mimi and Ava sharing a hug



Papa's here, too!



Hmmm... I think that's a cookie Ava is getting from Mimi!



If I could take a snapshot of one of my favorite spots in the whole house, it would be this dining room where the Christmas Eve treats are! Everyone brings something to contribute, and it is always the best food!



Uncle Rick and Ben in the kitchen... another one of my favorite spots filled with family banter, laughs, tears and prayers.



Ava opens her tricycle from Mimi and Papa. She'll be zooming around the circle in the spring!



Mommy helping Ava ride through the kitchen... Zoom zoom!



Here I come Aunt Sydney and Uncle Lonnie! :)



Uncle Rick helping out...



Ava playing "five" with Uncle Lonnie



Ava's characteristic big grin. :)





Katie and Wes with Ava







1 comment:

Treva said...

My dear, sweet friend Emily,
What sweet pictures of 2 of the most blessed little girls I know. They are indeed blessed to have been chosen and placed into you and Ben's family. And you and Ben are also loved and blessed by God to have such beautiful girls.
Your sweet family is constantly in our prayers. I know that not everyday feels like a blessing...especially when you are in the middle of tantrums, illnesses, and potty training. But these days pass quickly.
You are a light to many, but remember there is a strong cloud of witnesses surrounding you on days when you need an ear to listen. There will be days when there is only 1 set of footprints, but it is then that God is holding you gently. We love you all!
Blessing and love,
Treva
Scriptures that came to mind for me for you today are:
Matt. 5:11-12; 2 Cor. 4:7-11; Isa 40:28-31