Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ava is 9 Months Old

... and on the move!









Ben and I went to the pediatrician together yesterday for Ava's 9 month well visit. It was Ben's first time seeing Ava in that environment. He got to see the fish aquarium and watch the Backyardigans. :) Ava only got pricked in the toe this time (no shots), and she didn't even flinch. I told him that he'd have to come to the 1 year visit to go through the shots with her!

Ben and I were remembering our own well visits last night and were laughing about that "torture" device that you used to have to stick your finger into, knowing that needle would snap down and prick you. We both hated that thing! I remember dreading that thing more than the shots I think! When I got older, I got a stick of Carefree gum from the doctor. I can't chew that gum to this day and not think about the doctor's office! I wonder what memories Ava will have when she's older?

Here are her measurements as of 6/1/09!

Weight: 22lbs 3.2 oz
Length: 29 in
Disposition: Happy!

She was so good with Dr. Gilley yesterday. She's one of the women doctors there, and we've been doing the rounds trying out different ones to see who we think will work best for Ava and Maia when she comes. I think she really liked Dr. Gilley. Men doctors are a little scary for her, even when they sing Barney songs. :)

We're trying all kinds of foods now that she's nine months old. Her newest favs are chickpeas, egg yolks and Yo Baby Apple yogurt. I tasted it, and it is really good - a lot better than big people yogurt - probaby because it's made with whole milk! Yum!

I captured a few shots of her enjoying her egg yolks this morning.





1 comment:

Cindy Goodson said...

Emily! I can't believe that she is nine months old! I am going to be home next wee, will you be around at all?