Monday, June 29, 2009

Ava's Antics

I never know what any given day will hold, and today held much of Ava's playfulness and sense of humor! She has made me laugh so many times today, and I want to share some of her crazy moments.

Our day began as usual, with a happy grin on her face and a giggle, and I went in to check my e-mail after her and my breakfast. When I wasn't looking, she snuck around the corner, and this is where I found her. She would have had every single book within reach off of that shelf if I hadn't caught her!



Next, we had roaming time around the living room and hall area, and I found her standing on her head grinning back at me! She moves now primarily on her toes or one knee and one foot. We think she'll be walking before too long!



Mom gave me my old raft to use for Ava this summer, and here she is trying it out. Do you remember the ones with the clear circle in the middle so you could lie on the raft and look through the hole? I always thought that that was so cool!



One of Ava's favorite things to do in the morning hours is to find the sunshine. We have little squares of sunny spots in our kitchen, and she like to find one and sit in it and look at her shadow.



Today was Ava's first spaghetti with meat sauce day! I stripped her down to her diaper, and let her dig in. As you can see it went everywhere and all over the place, but boy, did she have a ball.



This picture cracks me up, because it's typical toward the end of a meal for Ava to stick her foot up and try to "get out." Oh, to be that flexible again!



Over and out - Ava's headed for the tub!

2 comments:

The Kapics said...

What fun pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I think I recognize that raft!!! Is it possible that it made multiple trips to SC back in the early years? :)
Thanks for the great pics. They brighten my workday.
I thought of you fondly on July 4th---although I went to a large firework show, it just wasn't the same without you and sparklers!
Hope you are having a great week.
Amy