Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Eating is an Adventure!



Mealtime can be neat or messy! It just depends on what we're having and Ava's mood. I took these shots in the last week or so while Ava was eating some "comfort" food while she was teething. She loves to lift the plate or tray toward the end of the meal, and sometimes, most of the time, it still has food on it. Thus, begins the cleaning of the hair and eyelashes routine. I decided to try some fish sticks last week, and she wasn't too crazy about them. Only six more times to introduce them! At least, that's what my book says about toddler eating...

I bought Jessica Seinfield's Deceptively Delicious book today that involves purees of vegetables hidden in toddler's favorite foods. There's a pureed squash and pasta recipe in there I may try tonight. I saw Jessica's interview about this book, and the recipes look really good. She hides spinach in brownies!

I may puree aspargus and put it in peanut brittle for Ben. ha! Sorry, honey. We're way past seven times on asparagus for Ben, but I keep trying. :)

Love to all on this cold temperatures moving in day... Maybe snow tonight? Fingers crossed.







No comments: