Monday, February 22, 2010

Love is in the Air

Whew! After several weeks of viruses, teething and strange ailments, we are finally and happily getting back into the swing of things! We've spent a lot of time resting and playing indoors because of sickness and the cold temperatures/snow outside. Valentine's Day was spent very quietly at home as we all recuperated. It was getting comical at one point because we were all such a mess! The animals were the only healthy members of the family. Here are a bunch of pictures to catch you up on what we've been up to this past week or so.

On the 9th, Aunt Jill headed over after school to bring Ava "Mischief" the little monkey. Boy, does this description fit her to a tee right now!



She has figured out how to open the dishwasher, and this is where I found her eating her snack one day.



She is WAY into water and pouring it, splashing in it, dumping it, etc. She spends very focused time on her "chemistry" experiments. One day, I decided to bring in some snow in in a bowl for her to enjoy. She was entertained for a long time! When I was a little girl and was sick when it snowed, my mom would put snow in a green bowl and I thought it was so much fun. We're carrying on that tradition. :)







I found her on top of this black chair one day looking at her Curious George story. I see TOP bunk in her future at camp!!



Quiet moment with her special Valentine.



Mimi and Papa came over in the afternoon to celebrate Valentine's Day with us and open some goodies with Ava.




Here's a picture of Ava with her Valentine book, baby, and bear. Kristie, the baby reminds me of Sera's "dee." :)



When Ava went to bed, I made the very first meal my Mom made for my Dad for Ben to celebrate Valentine's Day. Stuffed green peppers! They were yummy. For those of you who haven't been to our house, this is our usual dinner spot. Bear is usually barking on the other side of the window and Saki or Lucy are meowing for food! Tonight, all was quiet and peaceful and it was great to just relax with some warm food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

emily, i enjoy reading all about your journeys. :)