Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Background Bloopers and the Quiver

Ok. I'm in the process of changing my backgrounds and tried about 14 today! I apologize if you landed on my site when some of the really strange ones were there! It looks entirely different in full format! I had to laugh out loud at some I had chosen. I finally landed on this one, after like, 30.

Ava's fever is normal today, and we're in on this rainy day just being. I feel projects and to do lists poking and prodding, but I'm going to take some time today - just to simply be aware of the moment and be intentional about being grateful.

I just changed a lot of my playlist music around. For those of you who listen to the songs, I just added a new one by Starfield that's really awesome. Starfield rocks.

My Streams in the Desert devotional this morning revealed that I am in the shadow of the Lord's hand, that He's making me into a polished arrow and is concealing me in His quiver to be used at His discretion and His timing.

Following the Lord and hanging out in His quiver often means resting and waiting. He has already prepared good works for me to do in advance. I just have to be ready to leave the quiver when He wants me to. To be prepared and ready. I can ready myself for dinner tonight and prepare healthy food, and I can ready Ava by buidling her vocabulary and on and on and on. But at the end of the day, the beginning of the day, my heart has to prepared and ready - ready to love, to fight (spiritually) and to be counter-cultural.

May I never just keep quiet about how much Jesus had changed my life and stop bringing the glad tidings of that good news to those around me.

This Valentines Day and everyday, he is the Lover of my soul.

My soul.

I can count on that when I'm not at my best, when my mascara has run, when I'm having one of those bad hair, bad attitude days and being less than loving to those around me because of my many failings and issues. Yep. I have several.

His love never changes. It's always there, steadfast and sure and certain and trustworthy.

He's the grand Date of my past, present and future.

Nothing I desire here on this Earth, no matter how good it is, compares to Him.

Strip me bear of the world and my possessions and what will be left is my soul. Beaten, broken, with battle wounds along this journey, but fully intact and upheld by the Almighty.

Now, that's good news.

Glad tidings, everyone,

Emily

No comments: