Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snowy Catch-Up Pace

Hey, everybody,

I'm back after a few slow, snowy, icy days of radar watching,finger crossing, hot chocolate making, and scarf and earmuff wearing. East Tennessee did get some snow and freezing rain over the weekend, and we've been out enjoying it as much as we can with Ava. She has another fever so we're back inside today catching up on photos and laundry- both of which never end! Our little family was hoping for a good sledding snow down our big hill, but it didn't come this time. We settled for a wagon ride and a few ice snowballs. :)

I thought I'd go back into the 2009 picture archives and reflect on what Ava was doing this time last year and see how much she's grown and changed! I'll post a few comparison pictures today for fun. These are a few from this time last January/February. She was content to just look at Saki last January. Not so anymore!













Today is the last day of January, and I'm quietly observing her today as she goes about her 17-month old activities. I marvel at how quickly she's learning new things and how quickly time has flown by. She keeps us guessing with what she'll try next.

Last night, I was cutting a raw red pepper to put in our omelets and I wondered what Ava would do if I gave her a tiny piece. She ended up eating 1/4 of the pepper and kept saying, "more." She loves them! I just started eating them in whatever form at 35. The two veggies she doesn't like right now that we've tried are green beans and broccoli. I keep re-introducing them and disguising them, but she can pick them out even under things, in things and covered with cheese.

Here are a few recent pics.










I have really enjoyed sharing this blog with everyone, and it is my hope that I'll continue to be diligent in sharing life with Ava and the journey to Maia with you. There's never a dull moment around here!

On another note, I really need a word from the Lord today. I feel off-kilter, and I know why. I haven't spent time with Him today or the last few days to be completely honest. I sense Him calling, so I'm going to go.

No where in the Bible does it say to seek first doing loads of laundry and organizing my photos, but somehow I end up there. UGH.

Blessings, rest and peace to everyone,

Emily

No comments: