Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Simplicity

Hey, everyone,

I've been absent from the blog for a few days trying to catch up on a few things after Ava and I were both sick. We're both feeling much better, and I hope to be blogging again very soon. We're expecting some severe winter weather towards the end of the week, so I'll keep you out-of-towners posted. For you in-towners, do you have bread and milk? ha. It's going fast!

I'm trying my best to simplify some more this new year - unburden myself with heavy loads that I don't need to carry. I had to skip the opening lesson of my bible study on simplicity today because of my business! Ugh. They were doctor and dental appointments, but still. I'm going to go read a Lee Brothers cookbook right now, and simply enjoy the moment of reading about radish butter. A Sabbath moment just to be still and enjoy something I love - cooking and good food!

Trying to have more Sabbath moments of just reflecting, enjoying, simplifying, looking around me, taking it all in, and being grateful. Today I noticed how the sunshine hit the tops of the long grass, er, weeds that surround our property. That was a Sabbath moment for me. Thank you, God, for sunshine! I don't want to be too busy to notice sunshine, you know?

Oh, and thank you so much to those of you who've recently left me comments. It's great to hear from you, Suzette!!! Treva, I need your new phone number. :)

I'll post more pictures very soon. Ava is a bundle of energy and is learning things so quickly! Today, she said, "I love you." It's more like I wuuvub ewww, but it's so sweet! She's now 17 months old. One word would describe much of her day right now.

Climbing.

I seriously think she could climb a tree.

Let the ropes courses and rapelling begin.

Have a great end of the week, everybody! Stay warm.

1 comment:

Treva said...

Just make sure you are "spotter ready!" Broken elbows are not much fun. I'll send you my new phone number in an email. Love you!