Thursday, January 14, 2010

Helping the People of Haiti

Tonight, I just sat down after putting Ava to bed and saw the images that many of you have seen as well, and I wept. I wept for the people of the poorest country in the Western Hemishphere, where the majority survive on less than a dollar a day.

I just ordered a bookshelf today.

I often wonder why I've been so blessed and others are struggling for even basic nessecities - clean water, food, medicine, shelter.

I don't know the answer the that question. I really don't.

But I know God is there. He's in the hearts and hands of feet of the hundreds of thousands that are trying to help in some way to provide some kind of relief. The body of Christ.

Each victim is the least of these. Giving to them is giving to Jesus. Here are some ways you can really help if you're wondering what to do.

This is from a good friend of mine in Oklahoma that is a fellow China adoption Mom.

"We have a friend in Ohio who is in the process of adopting a little boy, Rob, from Haiti. His orphanage has been greatly affected by the earthquake, but the children are safe. They need food, water and supplies. If you go to the Pioneer Woman's blog and make a comment, she will donate 10cents for each comment (there are almost 14,000 already). http://thepioneerwoman.com/confessions/ In your comment, if you will mention Rob's orphanage, it will be in a drawing for one of two $500 donations to be given on Friday also. The orphanages site is http://www.forhisgloryoutreach.org/home Thanks for taking the time to help little Rob and the other orphans in this orphanage!!!"


Compassion International is an organization much like World Vision that I fully trust. I've seen first hand what a little bit can do in the lives of people in a poor and desperate foreign country. They have gathered a list of basic needs and the dollar amounts for each. Click on this link. The word link is not highlighting for some reason so just click on the word link. I'll leave this up for a few days and then the regularly scheduled posts will appear.

There is great need.

No comments: