Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Celebrations

Whew! A lot has happened in the last few weeks! We're home trying to catch our breath and think about what's ahead in the new year! I'm scheduling these next several posts to appear every few days so it won't be Valentine's Day before they're all up! There were many celebrations this year, so it's going to take a few days to get them all up. We hope you enjoy the photos.

We had a wonderful Christmas season and are looking forward to a brand new year! Maia Grace will be coming home this year! We're leaving this Tuesday to spend two days in Atlanta to get refingerprinted for the fourth time. Hopefully, that will be IT!

I'm beginning to unearth the China stuff that we've carefully packed away because it will be needed soon! We are closer than we ever have been, and China is now processing the month of April of 2006! That's our month!! All this time, and here we are. At last. Our log-in is 4/28/06, so we have to wait each month to see how many days worth of log-ins they've processed. Right now, they've procesed through March 31, 2006. Everyone is anxious to see how much of April they'll get through this month. 2 days? 6 days? Who knows! To look forward many times, I have to look backward to see where we've been. One thing is for sure. I'm never in the same place as I continue this journey.

Now, back to our Christmas celebrations!

These next pictures show where we've been in the last few weeks, celebrating a Savior born to us, celebrating family and friends and looking forward to 2010!

The God who held me firmly in His right hand through the past years will continue to hold me with what's ahead this year. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see what unfolds next and content to just be where I am at the same time.

Aunt Jill, Aunt Syd, and my cousin Lacy came to wish Ava a Merry Christmas before we left for Maryland. I rarely get to see my cousin, Lacy, so it was very special getting to spend some time with her.

Aunt Jill and Ava







Aunt Syd and cousin Lacy with Ava





Ava giving Saki love - undoubtedly one of her favorite things to do!

No comments: