Friday, January 29, 2010

Welcoming 2010!

Ava laid down for a long winter's nap today, and I told her that when she woke up, it would likely be snowing! Blount County is waiting to see how much we get, and I've been checking radar every hour or so. All I can see is blue! We're crossing our fingers for a good sledding snow! A Radio Flyer kind!

I realize that it's almost February, but I wanted to go back into January and catch up on what we've been up to. I'm really behind because of illnesses! When we got home from spending Christmas in Maryland, we headed to my Aunt Jill and Uncle Rick's house for our annual family tradition of celebrating New Year's Day with an awesome meal! Black-eyed peas are a traditon for us as with many families, and we all get our fill. This meal is especially delicious because it's different from the holiday casseroles and turkey and dressing. We have a delicious ham, Mexican cornbread, maccaroni and cheese, asian slaw, black-eyed peas and banana pudding. We all say that we love this meal as much or more than all the other holiday meals.

Here are a few pictures from our time together. My cousin, Lacy, wasn't able to be there, and my cousin, Wes, had to leave early for a wedding. We had a great time ushering in 2010! It still seems so strange to write that!

Enjoying the meal - Mom, Aunt Syd, cousin, Katie, and Aunt Jill. The men-folk were in anothe room while we ladies had girl time. This kitchen holds so many family memories. It remains one of our most special gathering places. This house was originally built by my great-grandparents long ago. You can imagine how much cooking has taken place here!



Someone gave Ava a cell phone to play with much to her delight!



Hello?



Happy New Year, Mimi and Papa!



Hugs with Aunt Syd and Aunt Jill



Fun with Uncle Lonnie and Aunt Syd



Uncle Rick, Aunt Jill and Katie time



We were there, too, but didn't get pictures of us with our camera! I'll have to get those from Mom.

Here comes the snow! Whoohoo!

No comments: