Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Break and Refreshment

Boy. These last few days have been a whirlwind. Ava had a stomach bug/cold last week, and I later deveolped what the doctors called a flu-like virus. I was extremely fatigued and even though I don't have any other symptoms, I'm still fatigued. Better, but not a whole lot of energy.

What's comical is that the doctor said that they were going to run two tests. A flu test and a pregnancy test. They said, "It'll be about 15 minutes. Just wait right here."

So, I picked up my Seed Savers Exchange catalog I'd brought to "entertain" me, and tried to read about spinach and lima beans for 15 minutes! I don't really remember a single thing I read about vegetables. I just kept thinking, flu or pregnant? So, flu-like virus. Ok.

Ava now has another fever, as of last night, but I think it might be a teething fever. Her canines are coming in quickly.

Needless to say, I'm taking a little break. I've been on a scheduling roll with the blog, but I'm zapped right now. I have some really fun pictures coming up to load, so keep checking back. They'll be up here toward the end of the week. Throw in getting an impression made of my lower teeth yesterday only to have it break sometime late yesterday afternoon and having to go back in today to get another one made, and I'm pooped. Was that a run on sentence?

I'm going to drink some green tea now and soak up some Psalms. I need some refreshment that's not in the form of Icebreakers breath mints or an open window warm breeze. Ah.. yesterday was so nice.

Today, I'm dry and feel Him calling.

Come.

Sit down with me.

Let's have a chat.


It's so amazing to me that I serve a living God that is present in Haiti and present with me here - in this place of green tea and seeking.

How awesome is He! Stunningly awesome!

Ok.

Love to everyone.

No comments: