Thursday, January 7, 2010

Quick China Update!

Before I load the rest of our Christmas pictures, I wanted to quickly let everyone know where things stand with our China adoption.

We were in Atlanta yesterday morning for our federal fingerprinting - round four and hopefully final! It went very well, and we always get to see a melting pot of people from around the world when we go. I'm always reminded of how big and diverse our world really is! Beautiful people.

On another note, we found out earlier this week that China has now processed into the month of April of 2006! They have processed referrals for families logged in through April 3rd, 2006. Again, our log-in date is April 28th, 2006. So. We still have a ways to go, but we are closer than we ever have been, and I can't tell you how good it is to finally see APRIL when I check their progress!

What is a realistic estimate? At this point, Ben and I are hoping for August-December. I'm guessing October right now. Anyone else have a guess? :)

When we get the referral for Maia, she will likely be close to 1 year old, and Ava will have turned two in late August.

The next step is to probably renew our US approval to bring her home. That won't be until late spring. So for now, I'm busy cleaning up Christmas decorations, caring for Ava's fever of 101.4 and preparing for the Arctic blast that is supposedly on its way! Bread, milk, need those!

More Christmas pictures very soon! Love to all!

Emily

1 comment:

Beckett Franklin Gray said...

Just found your blog. :o)

My non-profit recently published a new book on Chinese adoptive parenting that has some similar stories. “The Dragon Sisterhood: A Guide to Chinese Adoptive Parenting”.

It can be found on our blog:

http://www.dragonsisterhood.blogspot.com

I thought you might be interested.