Monday, January 18, 2010

Sweet Celebrations!

Off to Sweet Celebrations...

When we got home and unpacked and became somewhat settled, my dear friend, Patty Boss, called me and said that she and her daughter, Jennifer, were in town from Tyrone, GA and that they'd like to get together. These are always VERY special visits. Patty was the person I had a divine appointment with in the spring of 2008 at Sweet Celebrations Bakery, who God used to lead us to Ava. We decided to meet there to remember and rejoice!

Leyanne and her girls came, too! Leyanne and her husband, Kenny, owned the bakery that year and sold it soon after Ben and I had decided to pursue the adoption of Ava. We all just marvel at how God orchestrated the whole thing! They'll always be very special extended family in our family. I had Leyanne and Kenny's daughter, Lauren, in sixth grade in 1999/2000. Boy, if I could have seen what that relationship would become in 2008! Lauren was very dear to me, and now her whole family is!

Some sweet pictures...

Patty, Jennifer and Leyanne's girls all gather around Ava to open her Christmas presents.



Patty, me and Ava in front of the baked goods area. Such a familiar place!! Josh still makes the most amazing mini cream pies.



Peering in at the cupcakes. Famous for the red velvet ones.



I snapped this picture and didn't think much about it, but there's a little story here. As part of my job, I would wipe down tables very frequently. Baked goods are always so messy! Anyway, I remember this table as it was one of the last ones I would wipe down. I remember fighting back tears one day after some friends left with their children. This was before the divine appointment. I looked down at that dirty little paper towel, wiping the mess left behind and wiping tears away, still wondering why in the world I was in this place - still waiting.

When I looked at this picture today, I realized that Ava is sitting underneath that same table where my tears were "falling." So, you know me, I started thinking about this. Sometimes, the richest blessings lie hidden beneath the "dirty paper towels and tears" of this life. Some we get to realize here on Earth, and some will only be seen under the tables in Heaven.

Open our eyes, Lord, so that we may see you and catch a glimpse of you along this journey home!



This turned out a little fuzzy, but from left to right are Patty, me, Ava and Leyanne.



Patty and Ava



The girls doting on Ava



We had such a great time visiting and catching up with each other. Here's to sweet celebrations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love your blog! i love to read it and missed it while we were without a computer! thankfully we are back in the computer business and i can see you and your family all of the time! i hope all is well!