Monday, December 20, 2010

Thanksgiving Celebration





This year, we celebrated Thanksgiving in Tennessee with my family. Over the years, it's become tradition to celebrate at my parent's house. Warmth, love and all kinds of good food envelope us as we walk in the door! A special treat this year was a homecoming visit from my cousin, Lacy, who lives in Nevada. It was great to see her and visit, and she got to meet Maia for the first time. We had a wonderful time as family and as usual, ate lots of yummy traditional favorites! I was in charge of green beans this year, and they certainly were NOT like my grandmother's were! :) Miss those green beans, but not as much as I miss her.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and you're enjoying this Christmas season and finding some time to just be still. Mine is usually in the wee hours of the morning while I'm trying to quiet Miss Maia and I'm looking out the window at the stars. Last night, she was up on and off until three and I could have sworn that I saw a bear in our neighbors yard. That kept my eyes open while I walked back and forth. This morning, the bear turned into an electrical box. Oh, well! We're hoping for some snow this year! Love to all!

ps- Joy! I got your comment but it got lost in Blogland for some reason! I told Ben that I had an announcement to make and it was that we are going to Oklahoma to visit your family in the future! Thank you, dear sister, for everything. Maia and Ava are BOTH little monkeys! Maia is full of spunk already!

The Thanksgiving spread! Ben always snitches some turkey before we start!



My Dad always says the blessing as we hold hands together. I'm there beside Wes, my cousin, and Ben's taking the picture. :)



Ava and Papa share some pumpkin pie. Ava says, "mmm... I like it!"



Mimi and Papa and the girls



So thankful for Ava and Maia together and at home at last!



Mimi, Aunties, Jill and Syd and cousin, Lacy join in on Maia's Thanksgiving meal, vegetable turkey dinner. Yummy!



Lacy and Maia



Katie and Maia



My Uncle Lonnie and Katie



Maia loves to play with her toes.



Aunt Syd and Maia



Give me five, Wes!



No comments: