Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Three Years



Hi, everyone,

I'm home now after the picture session, and, boy, am I dragging! One super big lollipop, a painted tire, a pinecone, and a caterpillar or two later, and Ava still has so much energy, and I could collapse. Maybe I should have had a lollipop, too! I could close my eyes and seriously go to sleep and sleep all night, and it's only 8:00!

I came back on to post some pictures, and as I scrolled down the blog, something jumped out at me - our waiting time thus far for Maia Grace.

3 years

In April of 2006, I was at my desk at school grading papers and solving emotional issues with students, when I got the news that our paperwork, called a dossier, had officially been logged into the China Center of Adoption Affairs. We exhaled, knowing that it had arrived, and we prepared ourselves for the then eleven to twelve months of waiting until we would bring our daughter, Maia, who we assumed had been born, to her forever home.

Eleven to twelve months, month by month, day by day, turned into three years.

We could never have guessed that it would be this long. I never knew that such a fierce love for a child who is across the ocean who maybe has or hasn't been born yet could grow in my heart. I would still get on a plane tonight to go and get her.

Maia Grace

This is what I wrote three years ago.

Isaiah 46:9-11.

Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure, calling a bird of prey from the east, the man who executes my counsel from a far country. Indeed, I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it."

The call we've been wating for and anticipating since all of the mountainous paperwork was finished came yesterday, May 26th! We got the call from All God's Children that our official log-in date to the China Center of Adoption Affairs (CCAA) was April 28th! This is the date that our official wait for referral for our little girl begins. At this time, they are telling us that it is approximately 11-12 months, longer or shorter, until we get our referral, meaning the picture and medical information about our little girl. We were submitted to CCAA on April 26 and logged-in on the 28th! We were astounded that we were logged in so quickly. These log in dates were some of the quickest our agency has ever seen! Maybe, the referral process will speed up, too!

It is comforting to know that God is behind the scenes moving on our behalf this very moment in China thousands of miles away! Reflecting back on the seven years of infertility we've endured, it's easier for Ben and I to wait. We've grown accustomed to it I suppose and have realized that there is nothing we can do now to speed up China. That's in God's hands. It's amazing how refreshing hope is after grief and despair. So, now we wait on the Lord, however long it is. It's as simple as that.


We now have just one last document to go - Ava's final adoption decree has to be sent to Beijing to join the rest of our paperwork. I just got it back last week state certified, and it will go tomorrow! I hesitate to say that that is the last thing that will be required. How MANY times I've said that before. I know the Lord is going before us. I've asked him to. I've petitioned Him so many times on Maia's behalf. He knows her name and hears her cries.



So, my vehicle can not get to the P.O. fast enough to mail this tomorrow! Away it goes to join our dossier in China, and we wait. It will be in the blink of an eye when I'm writing to tell you that we got our long-awaited referral, and Maia is COMING HOME!! I can't imagine that day!!

Well, Ben just came in from mowing, and I don't have a chance to post pictures because I need to fix dinner, but I promise I will post tomorrow! It will be a much more laid back day than today! Plan on planting some tomatoes, onions, cabbage and cucumbers. Hopefully! Did I tell you I'm growing potatoes in garbage cans? I'll show you a picture soon!

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Martha & Al said...

Emily, I praying that this document moves quickly into the hands of those who need to see it to make Maia's trip home a reality! Can't wait to see that post!