Monday, April 13, 2009

He is Risen!

Happy Easter, everyone! He's ALIVE!



We had a great celebration yesterday for Ava's first Easter. She put on her frilly pink ruffled dress and off to church we went to join in the joyous celebration that Jesus has risen! We came home, and Ava "found" her Easter basket, and we took some windy Easter pictures and then headed to my aunt's house for a delicious Easter lunch.

















Today, I'm a little exhausted and lethargic. Maybe it was the six deviled eggs I ate! I'm cleaning up Easter grass today which is somehow, everywhere and in odd places, and sorting plastic eggs, chocolate and bunnies. Ava is napping after a big day in the nursery with her friends, Aiden and Braden, and a great time with family. She was a little trooper yesterday, skipping her nap and going straight through until dinner time! There was so much excitement and distraction yesterday! This post may be a little scattered because I'm so tired, but I wanted to put some Easter pics up for you to see!

Before I go and do laundry and clean out the dishwasher, I want to earnestly wish each and every one of you the unending joy of Easter everyday in your hearts. He is Risen! Because He lives, we live and have hope for every upcoming day, whatever it holds. Thank you, Jesus, for loving ME that much! Amazing love!

Ben and I are going on a big date tonight. I got tickets for his birthday in March to go and see David Sedaris at the Tennessee Theater. He's one of Ben's favorite satirists on NPR. We're looking forward to going out!

Have a great day, everyone! Peace to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,
What wonderful and special photos of Ava's first Easter! I hope you and Ben really enjoy your date.

Aunt Diane

Joy Pierce said...

What fun! And I do believe Ava is the cutest little bunny I've ever seen!!! So happy for all of you!
Love,
Joy