Thursday, April 9, 2009

Our Big Blue-Eyed Girl



A few weeks ago, I began filling in details in Ava's life book. A life book is very similar to a baby book, but it's especially written for an adopted child. This is something I've been researching for Maia for several years with special sections devoted to her birth heritage and Chinese culture.

I was tickled when I found a traditional baby book written for an adopted child with a special birthparent history section. It was just what I had been looking for! It is so important to us for Ava and Maia to have something to help them fill in those missing pieces. They each will have incredible journeys into our family, and we want to honor that journey by documenting it in the best way we can. Plus, creating this for them will help to be a conversation starter about their adoption journeys. Undoubtedly, questions will come, and each of them having a documented story is part of us being ready to answer those questions openly and honestly. I am forever grateful to the precious birthparents who gave Ava and Maia life, and I want them to forever know how very loved each of them is.

There is one section that I was recently filling out that asked if Ava had any distinquishing features, like birthmarks, moles etc. She doesn't have any of those, but when we go out in public, so many people comment on her big beautiful blue eyes. I tried to find a good picture of these eyes! There are many, but Ben took this one the other night of her looking up while she was in her bassinet. I just think it's precious of her and her big eyes.

These eyes will see many things along her unique journey through life. I pray that they will be good things that make her eyes light up in wonder.

Have a fantastic Thursday everyone! I'll be back to post some Easter pictures soon!

No comments: