Monday, March 8, 2010

18 Months Old

** Thursday Update ** Just returned from the doctor for Ava's 18 month well-visit (yesterday), which turned into a sick visit. We're nursing a mild ear infection today, and the tears have been flowing. To try to cheer her up, I took her on a mini-field trip today to see the little chicks at the Farmer's Co-Op. They had about fifty left, and I was tickled they weren't all sold out. We tried to go this past week and they were gone along with the ducklings. Today, I picked up a warm chick for her to pet and she grabbed it, hugged it and gave it love. Not sure that little chick will ever be the same!

She's now 25.9 lbs and 31.5 inches long, and I will add that she's running all over the exam room and crumpling or stretching that white paper on the exam table. I need two brains, one to keep track of what's she's doing while in the room and the other one to ask thoughtful, intelligent questions of the doctor! Toys don't work. There's just too much other stuff to get into. While I was asking the doctor about Ava's MMR shot in the future, she pulled and pushed the two chairs in the room over to the door and was trying to open the door. She was almost successful until I switched to "quick, grab my toddler" mode!
_________________________________________________________________________________________

To quote my friend Treva's blog, time does fly! Ava is now 18 months old and is like a little sponge, soaking up new information every day about the world around her. Every day is an adventure as you can see by the pictures. She's on the go constantly and doesn't miss a beat.

Today, I feel that frenzied pace starting, and I'm hearing in my spirit, "love well." That's my goal this week ahead of the four zillionth others things on my list including China USCIS renewal. My around the house to do list doesn't respond to my attentiveness to it, but people in my life and around me do. I have to keep myself in check about household to do lists and chores. If I neglect loving others, the other stuff doesn't matter.

Now bathing? That matters!!! :)

Enjoy the recent pics!

Loves to walk in Daddy's shoes.





We found the little monkey on this shelf the other day.



Taking a ride on my Fropper!



One of her favorite things to do is to climb on the black chairs in the kitchen and look out the window.

No comments: