Monday, March 29, 2010

Just Sitting... Waiting

If you haven't popped over to Angie Smith's post on the Incourage site, I really encourage you to do so. It really blessed this weary sick soul today who's feeling the grayness of the weather outside. I still feel weak and weary after the illnesses I've had lately that have consumed me.

I needed a fruit-filling today - just getting my feet wet again in the spring mud as I walk with Him. He knows that lately, I've not even had the strength to walk - just sit with chin propped in hand and elbow on knee saying, "I'm tired Lord. I don't have an ounce of fruit to give others. Fill these empty places. Hear my heart prayers for people."

And He who is faithful sits in the mud with me and tenderly strokes my hair and says, "It'll be alright. I'm with you. Let me fill you and help you pick all of these mother weeds that are threatening your peace."

If you missed the post, it was posted on March 29th. It's worth reading.

No comments: