Friday, April 16, 2010

A Beautiful Easter Afternoon

Later in the afternoon, we loaded the car and headed to my Aunt Syd and Uncle Lonnie's house for our annual Easter meal. Lacy and Wes, two of my cousins, couldn't be there this year and we really missed them. Also, there's always a bittersweetness to Easter for my family as we remember my grandfathers, Jewel (PaPaw) who passed away Good Friday and Earl, (Pa), who passed away Easter morning both in 1998. The bitter part is that we all miss them and my grandmothers dearly and long to be with them again, and the sweetness is that they are with the Lord and I'll get to SEE them again someday in that place where there is NO more suffering! To be absent from the body is to be present with Lord, and at Easter and always, I remember this hope that I have.

We ate a yummy lunch and then made our way outside for the family Easter egg hunt! We used plastic eggs and animals this year for Ava, and she had a ball walking around and finding them and putting them in her basket. We all enjoyed the beautiful weather and a chance to be together, relax and rejoice in our Savior!

Happy Easter everyone!



A joyful picture with Mimi and Papa who Ava has started calling "Popi." Not Popeye :)



Opening some Easter treats.



The egg hunt traditions continue!



On the go to find more eggs.



Sharing a leaf with Popi.

No comments: