Monday, April 12, 2010

Early Spring Photos

Without technology, life really did simplify for me these last few weeks. While life still remained busy, it seems that I had more time to simply sit down and recuperate than feel pressured to keep up with my in-box etc. As frustrating as loss of e-mail and blog was, it helped me reevaluate how I spend my time. You might say after two weeks that I kind of got used to life without a computer. I relied on "old-fashioned" communication methods, like a phone book, getting roofing and siding references from a neighbor, and the telephone. I realized how much I really use the computer for these days - a blessing but not always the best form of communication. So while we're back on-line, I hope to go off-line a little more and really get in-touch with those around me.

Let's see. I'll start playing catch-up by posting a few pictures from the last few weeks. These are just some fun pictures of life around the house. Ava is almost 20 months old and is full of life and energy! As she continues to grow and learn and change this spring, we are beginning to watch the China dates like hawks, waiting for her baby sister. We are very close and are in preparation mode now. They have processed through the 17th of April of 2006, and our date of log-in is the 28th. We are predicting that we'll be in the batch of referrals month after next. So, as we make room in our house for Maia, I'm ever mindful of the large room that has remained in my heart waiting to be filled with the knowledge and fulfillment of who Maia is. Life is about to get a whole lot crazier. Here we go with pictures!

Eating Bernie-O's.



I just had to post this picture of Ben and his crazy friend, Eric. There's never a dull moment around here! We had to get this chair to the basement somehow...



What ever is a girl to wear? Ava didn't miss an opportunity to join in on the closet cleaning. This was our making room for Maia's clothes day. I have kept most of Ava's clothes for Maia to wear. She'll likely be a little peanut, so I've saved clothes back to 6 months. Other adoptive moms are telling me that she may fit into them, but we won't know until the referral comes. It sure does make for a stuffed closet!





The tu-tu outfit is actually a swimsuit! She loves wearing it around the house. Oh, the days of being fashionably unconscious. :)

No comments: