Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ava Faith Is One Week Old and Coming Home!!!!!!!!!!



Great news! The GA attorney just called Ben, and we've been cleared to come home!!! I'm stunned as I really didn't think it would only take four days! We were told to expect up to 10 days for our paperwork to clear both interstate adoption councils.

The 10 day waiting period ends on Tuesday because of Labor Day and is separate from our paperwork clearing. Ava will not officially be ours until the end of Tuesday. At that point, she's ours, but the TN adoption can not be final for six more months.

The plan is for Ben to drive back to Tyrone to pick us up tomorrow morning, and then we'll likely drive the short distance to visit my college roommate, EmK, who lives in Peachtree City. We'll likely be home late afternoon tomorrow.

Mom and I took this picture this afternoon, realizing that she is already one week old. Boy, did time fly this week!

We hope to see everyone very soon after we return to Tennessee! Again, thank you SO much for your prayers,love and encouragement throughout this entire journey. I am still amazed at how this happened so quickly! We're bringing home a baby!

I'll continue to post more pictures once we get home.

Love,

Emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily & Ben,
Oh, how exciting that you're on your way home with Ava Faith. God is so good, isn't He?!! All of us here in MD will be eagerly waiting to meet Ava and see the two proud parents!
With thoughts & prayers,
Aunt Diane

Lisa Counts said...

Emily and Ben,

I am so excited for the both of you that I can hardly stand it. I wish I was there instead of here in Zimbabwe. Seeing the pictures of Beth and Madelaine made me homesick, I wanted to be there with my sisters to meet the precious Ava Faith. What a lucky little girl she is to have parents like you two.
I look forward to the future of getting to see this little girl grow up in the love of our father. Know that you are in my heart and I will call as soon as we hit US air space next week.

Your sister in Christ

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Emily and Ben,

Al and I to thrilled that you are bring Ava home! Tuesday is not too far in the near future, and we will keep you three in our thoughts until then (and will check back in on you)...

By the way - you and Ben look like the pros we all knew you'd be!

Congrats, Mommy :)

Jessica, Al and Ayda