Saturday, August 30, 2008

WELCOME HOME AVA!














We're home sweet home! We arrived last night about 5:30 to find the house decorated and family and neighbors coming to celebrate with us! For those of you who don't know my and Ben's story very well, let's just say that we've waited for that moment for a very long time. I almost wanted to freeze time and the expression on everyone's faces and the tears in my eyes and just take it all in.

We had a great drive home, except for the major diaper episode at Wendy's! Ava seems to be adjusting really well, and our cats and one dog are still trying to accept that they are now second in line for attention.

I need to try to post captions under the pictures, and I'm working on learning how to do that. Until I get around to that this weekend, I'll just post captions in order.

I spoke with Sabrina today, and we had a wonderful conversation. She feels like a sister to me, and we just talked about Ava and life and her future ahead of her. Sabrina will always hold a very special place in my heart, and I know God has chosen her to be a part of our every unfolding story of adoption.

As the celebration begins and family and friends gather, I can't help but think about the way God feels about us as His adopted sons and daughters and how He chose us and how much He loves us. Our Father's love is boundless and unconditional, real and personal. His plan is always for good in our lives even if we can't see it and have to walk through the valley to get there.

I've described my emotions as being right under the surface. I just laid in bed in her room last night at about 11:00 remembering and reminiscing the past eight years of my life. Recollections of the pain and struggle surfaced only to be replaced this time by wonder and joy. How I've been waiting for the return of my joyful spirit. Each day will leak out a little bit more emotion for me I'm sure, and those wounds of old are healing with the Father's touch. He knows just where to find me every time.

Today is the end of day seven out of eleven of the wait. At the end of Tuesday, Ava Faith will officially be our little girl. Until then, no fear, no anxiety - I must trust in the words I've said to others for so long. "He will go before me and be my rear guard. He will make the crooked places straight and the rough places smooth. He will bring my feet out of the miry clay and set them upon a rock. He is my Shelter, my Comfort, my Peace, my Strength and the Lifter of my head...

You are faithful, Oh, Lord. My heart trusts in you and praises you in this moment. Help me as we walk the road of joy and expectancy ahead hand in hand.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm going to give Ava a bottle, and I'll be back to post some captions....

Love and joy to everyone!

Here are the captions - sorry it took so long to get them on here!

1) Ben and I are loading the car and are ready to leave Tyrone, GA to come home!

2) Entering our home state of Tennessee!

3) Our first family picture at home.

4) A picture with Mimi and Papa on the porch.

5) A grand celebration of family and neighbors.

6) Great-grandmother Ruthie visits with Ava for the first time.

7) More special time with Ruthie

8) Ava meets her great-aunts, Jill and Sydney

9) Emily's side of the family gathered around Ava. Back row left to right: Great Aunt Jill, Great Aunt Sydney, Great Uncle Lonnie. Front row l to r: 2nd cousin, Katie, Ava Faith, Emily and Ben. Uncle Rick and cousins Lacy and Wes are missing but will see her soon!

Ben's family is coming down very soon to visit, and I look forward to posting those pictures too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so very happy for you guys! We will be praying for you! God has richly blessed you!
we love you!
sarah and Jeremy laduke

Unknown said...

Ok I hit enter without putting this at the bottom!!
She is absolutely beautiful!! What a sweet angle!
sarah