Monday, September 1, 2008

Almost There!



Happy Labor Day!

We've had a great weekend just getting settled in as a family and opening the door to friends and family who are dropping by to visit, bring dinner and celebrate! I feel like I need to have "Celebrate" by Kool and the Gang at the front door over a loud speaker. I think I might leave the ballons and ribbons on the porch until they shrivel up and the wind whisks them away! Seriously. :)

I wanted to give you a quick update on where things stand right now. Today was day 10 of the wait, but because of Labor Day, day 10 has to be tomorrow. So, as of tomorrow night, Ava Faith will officially be our little girl! I feel like we need to set off fireworks or at least hold a sparkler or two or something. We'll likely just order Chinese and stare at each other and at Ava for awhile. :)

I'll continue to post pictures and updates as our story continues to unfold. For those of you following our journey to Maia also, I have to taken the site off of this one for security reasons. The address is still journeytomaia.com if you'd like to follow the referral time line. We're expecting dates to roll the first or second week of September, and we're about to renew our federal fingerprints in a few months.

I'm still in complete awe at God's timing and how He swooped in as my great Rescuer when I was least expecting it. He has filled that empty place in my heart, that place that wanted to be a mommy for so long. I stand over Ava's crib amazed as I look at her and how she came to be ours. Now, that's another story, and it's one that I want to share sometime this week.

I'll hopefully post tomorrow night as I'm eating General Tsao's Chicken with chopsticks!

1 comment:

The Kapics said...

Monday,
We are SOOO excited for you. I was reading your last update to Danny while we were in the car driving back from LA. I could only get through one sentance at a time because of my tears. I only wish we could have been standing on the porch with all your neighbors waving sparklers when you came home! Know that we're celebrating with you from far away!
Love,
Fletch & Gang