Friday, September 26, 2008

The Locket



I can't remember the exact year I got this necklace, but I remember the moment well. My Mom and I were shopping at West Town at the old Proffitt's Department store, which I really miss by the way. They had awesome sales and it was a local kind of place, but I digress... We were there just looking around at the jewelry, and this necklace caught my eye as I was spinning the circular rack. I thought it was so beautiful, and Mom bought it for me that day for a time in the future. We both smiled at the thought of there one day being a baby in my arms.

Much time would go by before our family would start, but I would wear this necklace around town and out and about as a hope of a family to come. I would always think of Maia Grace when I would put it on, never really knowing when she would arrive, but I had that promise in my heart.

When we went to get pictures made by Tamyra Parks the other night, I brought it along, thinking I'd like to take a picture of Ava with it. As I held it, the waiting came back for a moment and then vanished in a flash (literally!) This picture is a precious one to me for all that it represents - the waiting, the wanting, the aching, the promise and the hope all wrapped up together.

Well, I hear Ava waking up... I'll post some pictures of Daddy and Ava time tomorrow sometime hopefully.

No comments: