Monday, September 8, 2008

All Things Bright and Beautiful!








Ava Faith made her appearance for the first time at church yesterday surrounded by friends and family - the body of Christ to us. I can't begin to tell you the flood of emotions I felt as we entered the church and saw very familiar faces that have stood beside us the past eight years. Many people know the ups and downs of our story, and many people have been waiting along with us to see the "goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!"

Goodness encircled us yesterday. We decided to sit with both sets of grandparents with Ava on the back pew. As the service got underway, Pastor Jerry called us down front for the congregation to see the result of their many prayers for us. As we walked down the aisle toward the front, I felt like I was in slow motion. In front of us was the long-awaited rosebud on the altar. I've sat silently mnay times fighting back tears as rosebuds have adorned the altar. The ache in my heart has been overwhelmingly great in the past, nd I remember that well.

So, there it was, bright and beautiful and pink on the altar. As we turned to make our way back to the pew, the congregation stood and clapped, and Ben and I almost lost it! I could see faces that are precios to us beaming with joy and rejoicing in what God has done! As one dear friend put it, "Your pain and your suffering have been swallowed up in victory and redeemed for His glory, praise and honor!"

He did it in an instant, and I am still amazed. I could almost hear His voice saying, "It is time," He who is able to do immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine!

Later on in the afternoon, my folks came over for some outside grandparent pictures with Ben's parents. It was a beautiful, beautiful, glorious day. If we didn't get to see you at church yesterday, we hope to see you next Sunday!

I promised that I would post the journey, the surprise journey to Ava soon, and I will definitely do that! It's quite a story - a simple story, really.

Love to everyone,

Emily and Ben

No comments: