Friday, September 19, 2008

A Baby, a Cat, a Panda, a Ladybug and a Doll.







Hi, everybody!

I'm now four weeks old! Boy, I'm changing a lot already, and I'm starting to coo and smile and study faces and some toys. My favorite toy right now is a caterpillar with a big smile on his face. Mommy keeps setting up goofy pictures of me with Saki, our cat, a doll, a panda and a ladybug. Good grief. I just want to sleep! I went to the pediatrician yesterday and had a big time. They did all kinds of things and flipped me over and checked me out. They said I'm very healthy. Here are my measurements!

Weight: 10 lbs 8.6 oz (Mommy thought that car seat was getting a bit heavier!)
Length: 22 in
Head circumference: 37 cm

All is well today on this fall day. The breeze feels great in my full head of hair, and I like to look around outside and listen to the chipping sparrows that have moved into our front yard. Our dog, Bear, can be a little loud at times, but I'm getting used to him, too.

Mommy just stares at me a lot, especially in the wee small hours of the morning. Sometimes, she gets a tear or two in her eyes thinking about how I came to be her little girl. Sometimes, it's after she's been to the mailbox and sometimes, it's at 2:00 in the morning when nothing much is going on short of watching me eat and sleep.

I already feel so loved by so many people. I hope to send out thank you notes, soon! I have to have Mommy's help for that, though! Poor thing. She's still trying to do all that laundry upstairs!!

I hope you enjoy my pictures. I tried my best to hold my head up for these crazy pictures Mommy took. I'm waiting for my little sister Maia, and I know we'll have many adventures together. Mommy tells me that Maia and I will have a special bond. I wonder what she'll look like and how much younger than me she'll be. Likely, I'll get to be the big sis.

My one month old birthday is coming up September 21st. Whoah! I can't believe how quickly time has gone by! One minute, I'm in that plastic box at the hospital, and the next minute, I'm with the cat on the couch. A lot has already happened in my short little life.

I've been out to eat Italian and Mexican, and Mommy took me to Hobby Lobby this week and to Mimi and Papa's house to play while she and Daddy went on a burger date! Next week, I'll get to go to the mountains for a family picnic and sit by the river. Someday, Mommy and Daddy say they are going to show me how to catch crawdads and skip rocks. Mommy says I'll tube down the river someday, too. That was her favorite thing in the world to do when she was younger.

I'll see you again, soon, as I'm sure Mommy will post more pictures of me doing goofy things again! Oh, brother.

No comments: