Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Celebration of a New Grandaughter!







The journey into parenthood continues this weekend, and I almost posted at 2:00 a.m. as Ava was SLEEPING and I WAS TOTALLY AWAKE! It was like we switched places, you know, like that in the movie, Freaky Friday. I came downstairs and almost made banana nut muffins and coffee. I even went outside and heard the night birds singing and saw the stars shining. Crazy! My body is so confused! I finally crawled back into bed and forced my eyes to shut and wished for sleep. It finally came, and.... Ava woke up! I guess that's the way it goes for awhile.

Tomorrow is Grandparent's Day, and we have some very excited Grandparents here this weekend! Ava's grandparents are Mimi and Papa, my parents, and Grandma and Grandaddy, Ben's parents. We've had tons of fun with both sides of proud grandparents and are planning to all get together tomorrow to celebrate Grandparent's Day and take advantage of a photo op!

Ava is my parent's first grandchild, and oh, how they've waited for that! They are joyous! Ben's parents are already grandparents of two grandsons, Chase and Evan, and now a new grandaughter! They are also overjoyed as they've been anticipating this for awhile, too! We're excited for Ava to meet her new aunts and uncles and cousins in Maryland later this year!

Here are a few pics of them holding Miss Ava. We're considering a venture to church for the first time tomorrow! I hope to post again soon...

1 comment:

The Kapics said...

all the grandparents are GLOWING! so fun!
love,
fletch