Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day 5 Into the Waiting


















Ava Faith. I still have to pinch myself when I'm holding her and saying her name out loud. Today is day five into the waiting, and we're trying to remain calm and not be anxious or fearful. The last of the GA forms we had to sign were faxed to the interstate GA council today. They'll then be overnighted to TN, and then we can hopefully go home. I wish I knew when all of that would be completed, but there's just no way to know at this point.

Please continue praying for us, that our hearts will be at peace the remainder of this time. I know the Lord is working everything together for good. I've always believed that even in the darkest night of my soul and the valleys of suffering and grief.

For months now, I've been praying that the Lord would bring me out into a spacious place. There is a verse that has been very special to me as I've walked this journey.

The verse if from Psalm 18:19 and says, "He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me."

I have a special daily devotional book that has brought me so much comfort in the past year. It's Streams in the Desert by L.B. Cowman. I hadn't picked it up since last Thursday when Ava was born. When I turned to August 21st, my heart swelled. The devotion scripture was, you guessed it, Psalm 18:19!

As I kept reading, this is what it said: "What is this spacious place? What can it be but God himself- the infinite Being through whom all other being find their source and end of life? God is indeed a "spacious place."

I have felt this spacious place in the midst of waiting for a baby and now that we are caring for Ava. No matter what the next five days hold, He will remain my spacious place.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. These were taken over the weekend and the first part of this week. Just to catch you up on what we've been doing!

In order,

* Mom and Dad seeing Ava for the first time

* Taking Ava on her first big outing to Franks Italian and Greek restaurant. We're pictured with my folks and Brian and his little girl, Jennifer, our hosts who are so gracious!!

* Mommy and Ava

* Daddy and Ava on the back deck.

* Ava sleeping peacefully

* Friends, Madeleine and Beth, surprise us with burp cloths and a hooded towel.

* Rejoicing together!

* The Bishops and Milhollins, and Patty, who introduced us to Sabrina and who was a
vessel God used to speak to us.

* Kristie and Eric Arendale surprise visit on Saturday morning!

* Ava's first card and little girl in the neighborhood here in Tyrone made for her.

* Bringing home Ava to Patty and Brian's home in Tyrone, GA.

* Ava's first bath!

* Mommy having special cuddle time with Ava

* Those first moments with friends, Beth and Madeleine
Love everyone,

Emily

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you guys! She is beautiful! I know you are both more than excited. I couldn't find a cell phone number to call and congratulate you, so keep us posted on everything. We love you guys!

Blessings,
jeremy laduke

Anonymous said...

Emily,
Thanks for taking the time to post so many wonderful pictures. I'm cherishing the pictures, even as I should be doing other things!! I'm praying, praying, praying for you!
Love,
Karen Anderson