Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Waiting for the Call...

*** Final UPDATE for tonight! Ok, everyone, we have some news, and it's big news - literally! Sabrina went to the doctor today, and the doctor estimated the baby's weight to be.... deep breath here... 9 1/2 lbs! I wasn't expecting THAT! They sent her home at 1 cm dilation with contractions coming every three hours. If she doesn't go into labor before Friday morning, she'll go to the doctor and they will schedule her for a C-section Friday afternoon! So, we're busy busy packing- I'm actually putting a chicken casserole together to take with us. We'll get the call on our cell phone which has become part of my hip lately. Ben and I are planning to drive to Atlanta on Friday at this point.

PLEASE pray for us and for Sabrina, Josh and the baby. The hard part is just beginning, and you can imagine what all is going through this emotional girl's mind right now! GOD IS IN CONTROL! I KNOW that. I just wish all of my feelings would get on board with that, too!

The plan is to blog as soon as we hear something- I'll let you know when we're on the way! If we have access to a computer in Atlanta, I'll blog with pictures from there. We'll have to play this by ear, but I promise I'll post as soon as a I'm able.

They have 10 days to change their mind, and the baby will be with us a friend's house in GA during that time. We may get to leave GA before that 10 day period is up - we're not sure.

Ok, I need to go wash dishes or something. Let's see, I also need to schedule our FBI fingerprints for China! All in good time, all in good time.

My heart forever is wandering, and I have to return to the Lord on a daily basis, as sometimes I stray and fears and anxiety take over. Today, I was a crumpled mess - can't put my finger on exactly why- I just was. I stumbled on the first song on the play list today, and I wept as I listened to the words and how they met me right where I am.

Stay tuned - oh, and we STILL don't know if it's a boy or girl!

Love and peace to all tonight,

Emily

*** Update 3*** 6:00 We're still waiting to hear something...

**** Update 2*** - I just found out that Sabrina's appt. was at 2:45, so she may just now be getting out. We'll wait to hear something hopefully before 6:00.

***** UPDATE***** It's 4:15, and I just got home from running around town like a chicken with its head cut off! I won't tell you the details of dropping my sour cream and it busting on aisle 2 of Food Lion. I think I may still have some on my leg - all a part of the drama right now. We still haven't heard anything via phone or e-mail from Atlanta. I'm getting ready to call and see if I can find out anything. Sabrina's cell phone has been turned off, so I need to call another number. There's a chance she didn't make it to the appointment for some reason - that may be why we haven't heard anything. Again, I'll post as soon as I can find out something!

Sabrina has a doctor's appointment this morning, and I'm waiting for her to call me to give me an update. We're not sure what time the appointment was/is. We're supposed to find out how much the baby weighs today!

Seeing as how she only has 5 days left until the 40 week point, the doctor has said that they may have to schedule her for a C-section. We'll hopefully know something about that today.

If you're reading this, please pray. I'm feeling spiritual attacks in every direction right now as this is drawing closer. I know that God is in control, and these feelings of anxiety and fear will pass, and that the enemy will not have the final say.

I have to run some errands for a bit this morning, but as soon as I get home, I hope to post an update!

Thank you for praying and for your encouragment!!!

No comments: